Another year completed and you are ready for sun tanning and days at the beach. Before you get too comfy and buy three bikinis, here are a few things you can do in the meantime while you hunt down that perfect summer job and move everything into your parent’s house/out of res/ into you new house.
- Write out your goals for this summer. How much money do you want to make? What music festivals are you attending? Trying to get back your pre-freshmen 15 body? Writing them out will help you visualize what you want from this summer and better define what you will do.
- Donate your time. In between the job interviews and resume editing, there are many organizations including the food bank, woman’s shelter, Salvation Army, Humane Society, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Cancer Society, Alzheimer’s Society, children’s sports teams, Church, Old Age home visits, Red Cross Society, and many more that could use your help and time.
- Look into jobs that will look good on your resume. Take it a step further and look for one pertaining to your career path so you have a summer’s worth of experience under your belt.
- Check into next year’s courses and class schedule. The earlier you get it done, the better schedule you get. Also consider doing a spring or summer session to help graduate a semester faster.
- When moving out, collect all used up pens, highlighters, and printer ink and drop it off at your local Staples. These can all be recycled including your broken printer and phone.
- Donate your old clothing from home that you replaced while at school or those stuffies you finally have let go of.
This is the time in your life when you can do anything and be anything. You are an amazing individual and can accomplish so much. Put your talents to the best use this summer and help those in need.
Have a safe and fun summer everyone!