With midterm season in full swing it is important to review the importance of taking care of ourselves. I know for me this time of year can be really draining and sometimes I just need time for myself.
Here are some tips and tricks to help you in taking care of YOU!
- Get down and boogie. Put on your favourite upbeat record and shake your booty. Now I know many people think they can’t dance but for myself dancing works wonders when I’m in a mood.
- Inhale an upbeat smell. Try peppermint to suppress food cravings and boost mood and motivation. Aromatherapy can help relax your body so you can get a good night’s rest or focus on what you’re doing.
- Take a quick nap. Ten to twenty minutes can reduce your sleep debt and leave you ready for action. I never napped until I started university and they are the greatest thing for those days when you just need a little extra energy.
- Choose who you spend your time with today. Hang out with “Radiators” who emit enthusiasm and positivity, and not “Drains” whose pessimism and negativity rob energy. Surrounding yourself with people who make you happy will in turn make you happy.
- Stroke a pet. If you don’t have one, find out when the therapy dogs visiting your building. Animals have been shown to reduce peoples stress levels. Test it out for yourself and see if it helps.
These are just a few of the many many things you can do to take care of you. For some more ideas you can visit:
Remember, taking care of yourself doesn’t have to be the way someone else takes care of themselves; that’s why it’s called self care.
Wishing everyone all the best on their midterms!