A private room of your own
University is all about the experience and living in residence is a great way to get the most out of your university experience. If you are a current secondary school student who receives full-time admission by May 26th, and you meet the residence application and deposit deadline of June 1st, you are guaranteed a private single room in our top-rated residences!
Let Nipissing University’s residence be your home away from home. We have two different styles of housing to choose from: suite-style residences and townhouse-style complexes.
There is always something going on in residence, whether it’s movie nights, potluck suppers, skating parties, athletic events or a group study session to prepare for a big exam.
Here are some of the awesome residence events happening throughout the year:
- Residence Orientation Weekend: A jam-packed weekend full of fun events while you unpack, meet your neighbours and settle into your new home!
- 12 Days of Giving: Get involved with the Residence Food Drive and help others by donating food during these 12 days of giving.
- Residence Festive Feast: Annual Inter-Residence holiday dinner, join your friends for a big festive meal.
- Residence Formal: Put on your top hat and enjoy a night out! The Residence Formal is an off site dinner and dancing event like no other, did we mention it’s formal?
- End of year Banquet: As the year comes to a close, enjoy food and entertainment with all of your residence family.
There are also weekly buses that provide a free door-to-door shuttle service for all the shopping and grocery needs of residence students.
For more information about our residences and residence life, please view our Residence Brochure.