Final projects and essays are due, you’re exhausted and behind on sleep and all you can think about is being done school for another summer. Summer is near…and so are exams. Staying focused on exams can be tough, here are some tips for getting through exams and all the deadlines!
- Find your spot: Find the spot where you study best, whether it is at your house on a kitchen table or in the silent zone of the library.
- Reward yourself: Reward yourself for that chapter you just read or for memorizing your last stack of cue cards. Reward yourself with your favourite snack, a social media break or whatever will help you push through these last few weeks of studying and school.
- Stay organized: Use a planner, sticky notes, and/or notes on your laptop or your phone to keep assignment due dates and your exam schedule straight. Organizing your study time and planning ahead will relieve stress and help you in the long run.
- Work ahead: This is the time that it is easiest to procrastinate but be sure to prepare early and keep reviewing those study notes.
- Take time for yourself: take time for yourself, whether it’s going to the gym or watching an episode of your favourite show.
- Organize your notes: organize your notes and make those notes into study notes whether its cue cards, flow charts or diagrams.
- Manage your time wisely: The last thing you want to be doing is studying but those hours spent scrolling through Instagram won’t help you ace your exams. Deleting social media apps or limiting your use on them will help you stay focused and study more.