Even though between classes, homework, work and your friends it may seem like there’s not enough time in the day for everything, it’s important to eat healthy and make fitness a priority. Often, working out is one of those things that we all say we want to do but at the end of the day we choose that extra nap, that extra hour of studying or realistically that extra episode of Netflix over going to the gym.
Here are some tips to get you motivated to workout:
- Meal Prep: choose a day that works for you, usually Sunday works best, to cut up some vegetables, cook up some extra chicken, grab some groceries and get your study snacks and lunches or dinners prepared for the week. Having meals and food prepared usually means that you will reach for some healthy vegetables instead of getting fast food or spending your money in the caf.
- Get your friends: grab some friends who have similar class schedules or that enjoy similar exercises. Working out with friends makes it more enjoyable and you can hold each other accountable.
- Switch it up: you don’t have to hit the gym 5 days a week, but rather switch things up by doing a YouTube workout at home, going for a hike or playing a sport that you enjoy like soccer or tennis- now is the perfect time to sign up for a summer baseball league or put a team of friends in for some beach volleyball tournaments.
- Get started: buy some new Nikes, workout tees or shorts and download some new music and get started.
- And most importantly… have fun! Don’t be too hard on yourself if you aren’t in as good of shape as you had hoped, or aren’t seeing results as fast as you hoped.