Is working on campus really all that it seems? The answer is yes. Taking on a job while being a student may seem to be a little daunting and overwhelming, but in reality, part time campus jobs provide that perfect balance between some extra cash in your pocket and still being able to focus on school. Over the past 2 years I have worked in the International Office in Student Development and Services and have found many reasons to love not only my job but also student campus jobs in general:
- Provides structure – Yes you may have slightly less time for other things, but working a few hours a week provides structure to the schedule and gets you out of the house on those long winter days.
- Meeting new people – You are guaranteed to meet some new friends and pretty cool people.
- Resume – Remember that resume we use to apply for summer jobs and are always being told we need to build up? Campus jobs allow you to keep developing skills and provide opportunities to build your resume.
- Community – Part of the reason why I love Nipissing is the tight community feeling. Working on campus makes me feel even more part of this wonderful community.
- Comfort Zones – What a great time to step outside your comfort zone and try something new! There are so many jobs that may already meet your interests or allow you to explore new interests.