As we all know, the second semester is upon us. This time of year brings with it simultaneous feelings of both excitement and terror as the school year races to the finish line.
Here are some tips for surviving the second-semester slump:
- Be Proactive in Your Learning — Don’t stress yourself out by waiting until the last minute to get your assignments done. Go to your classes. Take the time to really learn what you are paying for!
- Make Memories — Spend time with your roommates and other friends. Go out for breakfast at Burger World, or get a poutine and banana milkshake from Ivans. Go to that party or that campus event. Get involved in your school community.
- Buy an Agenda and Make it Your Bible — Agendas and planners are literally a lifesaver! Spend a Saturday afternoon writing out all of your deadlines and readings and get yourself on track! They make it so easy to keep track of what you need to get done each day/week.
- Talk to an Academic Advisor — The people in the Academic Advising office are there to make sure that you are on track with your projected degree. They can help you organize your schedule, and help you plan ahead if you want to go on an exchange!
- Take Care of Your Physical and Mental Health — Your health, both physical and mental, always comes first. Be sure to take advantage of the Health Clinic and Counselling Services that are offered through the University.
You got this.
Second semester has got nothing on you!
‘Til next time,