It’s that time again! Midterms! Wow, how fast the time has gone. How are we already halfway through our second semester already? I know time has flown for me. I have compiled a list of my best tips to survive your midterms! Just remember to do your best, have fun, and that a single grade does not define you or your post-secondary career.
Try not to stress out! Tests and essays can be scary but don’t let them rule your life. They are important, but they are not the be all end all of your post-secondary career. If you need help, Nipissing has various services available that can help you to prepare for mid-terms, essay writing and improve your time management skills!
- Plan out your study time to make sure you use time effectively
- Make sure you take regular breaks, so you don’t overwhelm yourself– your brain will only absorb so much in one sitting.
- If you are having some issues understanding course material for a test or having trouble with an essay, speak up! Your professors want to help you succeed. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and seek clarification.
- Don’t forget to eat and hydrate! Being in a stressful time, such as midterms, I know it can be hard to remember to eat and drink, but try meal prepping in the evening and carry around a reusable water bottle to ensure you’re getting your daily water intake.
- Have a de-stressing activity to do in your free time and between study breaks! Whether it be watching your favourite Netflix tv show, going to the gym, baking, spending time with friends, do whatever helps you to de-stress because you deserve a break!
- Don’t forget to stay in contact with your friends. If you know someone who is stressed out reach out and keep in touch with your friends. Let them know that they aren’t alone in this stressful and overwhelming time. Better yet, why not have a study date/ study group with your friends to study and have fun while doing it! A change of scenery might also help your studying process!
What are some of your top tips and tricks that you use to survive the mid-term season? I would love to hear what others do! Don’t forget to try your best, and have fun. Before you know it, Spring will be here and another year will be over, make the most of the time you have at your home away from home, Nipissing University!